Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Aviation Safety: an Air Traffic Controller speaks on thunderstorms

I am in a hurry to finish todays work on my blog in advance of thunderstorms moving through my area. As a non-pilot aviation enthusiast, I am always interested in aviation safety in addition to weather safety.

I found this excellent video from the Air Safety Institute of the AOPA where an Air Traffic Controller talks about thunderstorm, the target audience is pilots. But I think that all of us can learn from this. At the very least, you will learn what Air Traffic Controllers (ATC) due to keep airplanes safe in the sky when thunderstorms are in the area. You will hear the ATCs in the video talk about pireps, short for pilot reports that pilots make to ATC.


Direct link to video from Air Safety Institute

No comments: