Monday, January 27, 2020

Coulson T-134: memories from your friends in California

To Coulson Tanker 134, your friends in California remember you and I know you will be missed. I know that you spent some time in California last summer, I am not quite sure what your home base was, but I know that you were spotted at Ramona AAB in southern California (see Bill Gabbert's Fire Aviation post of August 4th). I don't exactly know how long you were at Ramona working fires near San Diego. I have some friends in southern California, I am grateful that you took care of them last summer, even if it was only for a couple of days, those were important days to me. I do not know how many wildfires you worked in California last summer or where they were. That does not matter, what matters is that you did good work in California working with and protecting the firefighters on the ground. You did good work and your service in Australia and California will always be remembered. Your sacrifice in Australia will not be forgotten.

RIP Ian, Paul, and Rick

Post script, February 9, 2020. I would like to thank an anonymous friend who contacted me over the weekend about this post to remind me. They reminded me that I did not cite a source for the information about Tanker 134's presence in Ramona Air Attack Base for what may only have been a couple of days. I edited this post to correct those errors.

T-134 saved a ranch

Direct link to video on Youtube

T-134 at Sacramento AAB

direct link to video

No comments: