Wednesday, January 01, 2020

New Years

As the end of this first day of 2020 approaches in a couple of hours, I would like to be able to wish everyone a happy a safe New Years. I would want to acknowledge and thank all the wildland firefighters on the ground and in the air along with their support staff who are working today on wildfires to keep us safe. But my thoughts are those in Australia who are suffering from a horrific bush fire season. This New Years will not be happy for many of those affected by the bushfires in Australia. Then there are those who are still recovering from devastating wildfires in California in  the past couple of years. And of courses, others outside of California and outside the United States affected by wildfires are also recovering. Finally, I find myself thinking about the devastating wildfires that hit the Amazon last year. I am not quite sure what to say on this first day of 2020.

Some of you who have been affected by wildfires may not be happy today. Those of you working the bushfires in Australia are away from your family and friends today, and to you I say thank-you for your service.

I wish all peace and safety in the New Year.

No comments: