Tuesday, June 30, 2020

RIP Granite Mountain Hotshots June 30 2013


Obtained on June 30, 2020 from https://azstateparks.com/hotshots/the-hotshots/about-the-hotshots

The tragic loss of nineteen members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots while fighting the Yarnell Hill Fire near Prescott, Arizona on the afternoon of June 30, 2013 is seared in my memory because I got an e-mail from a family member who was visiting Prescott, they sent me a photo of a tanker dropping on the fire. It was later that day that I heard about the tragic loss of sixteen members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots. I wondered about the timing of the photo that I received. I will never know. My family member was stunned when they heard about the deaths.

So, I pause today to remember the loss of the Granite Mountain Hotshots that day. I pray for all who died that day and their families, friends, and all who loved them. I remember the lone survivor Brandon McDonough.

No comments: