Wednesday, July 01, 2020

What NWS Incident Meteorologists (IMETs) do on a wildfire from an IMET

I was perusing the NWS IMET Facebook page this morning to see what our wonderful Incident Meteorologist (IMETs) are doing. I saw that more IMETs have been deployed to wildfires, I will get to that on Friday. I am always looking for good videos about what IMETs do so when I came across this video by IMET Tom Bird on the NWS IMET Facebook page I knew that had to share it with you. Mr. Bird is a Meteorologist from the El Paso-Santa Teresa Weather Weather Forecast Office, as I write this, is assigned as an Incident Meteorologist to the Vics Peak Fire.

The video takes just under eleven minutes. It is a great video, as he explains in simple language about why IMETs are important and about the tools they use. He shows you some of the computer programs that he uses from the NWS as well as other weather sites and some of the tools that he carries with him in his belt pack. IMETs save lives. 




No comments: