Friday, April 16, 2021

2021 wildfire season: wildfire at Vermont Quebec border


I was catching up on two days worth of Mike Archer's Wildfire News of the Day e-mail newsletters this morning when I saw that he posted a link to a short report from WCAX in Burlington, Vermont about a wildfire (size unknown) that burned at the Quebec-Vermont border, go here for the article. The wildfire started on April 14th in Quebec and burned into a remote area of Franklin County, Vermont. I do not know the exact location of this wildfire, but in years past I have driven through this area and can attest to its remoteness. Having spent portions of some summers in northeastern Vermont not far from the Canadian border, I often found myself wondering about wildfires near the border and how Quebec and Vermont agencies would respond. This fire gave me my answer. Quebec sent a spotter plane and two tankers while Franklin Vermont provided ground resources. 



No comments: