Friday, June 18, 2021

NOAA satellites detect wildfires (June 17th)

 I have written about NOAA's GOES satellites in this blog including but not limited to how GOES  satellites can be used for wildfire detection (go here to read some of my posts). I just ran across a nice video, under two minutes from NOAA satellites about how NOAA's satellites, including but not limited to GOES 16 and 17 are used for wildfire detection. I knew that Bill Gabbert of Wildfire Today would post this video on his website, and he did on June 17th, you will want to read about this technology in his post. Nonetheless, as I have been interested in satellite technology, this was too good to pass up. So, I am sharing this video with you. When I wrote this post I knew that it is time to write another post about NOAA's satellites, I did so on June 23rd.

Direct link to video from NOAA Satellites on YouTube



No comments: