Friday, February 18, 2022

Wildland firefighting: engines

Over the years that I have been doing this blog on aerial wildland firefighting I have posted about mutual aid where for example a State Forest Service may send a crew and engine to help fight fires in a State in need of extra crew and engines to fight wildfires. Then there the engine crews who fight wildfires from their engines. I may be wrong but it is possible that I have not made a post about the various types of engines used by wildland firefighting crews. I found a nice video from the National Wildfire Coordinating Group discussing the different types of engines and other issues such as construction, training, maintenance, crewing an engine, how and where different engines are used, and advantages of different types of engines.


Direct link to video from The National Wildfire Coordinating Group on YouTube

No comments: