Wednesday, June 15, 2022

2021 wildfire season: Mill Creek Hotshots 2021 Fire Season

I have been wondering about how wildland fire crews get weather while they are on the fire line, whether it be an engine crew or a 20-person crew. I have also been wondering what a typical day was like on the fireline. So far I have not found a good video to share with you that felt appropriate to share with you. That is the video on fire weather for wildland fire fighters were training videos that are a little above my abilities so I am hesitating to share with you. The day in the life of wildland fire crew videos that I have found so far are not quite what I was looking for, either nothing happened or it was a recruitment video with no stills or video (nothing wrong with that).

So while I continue to look around I thought I'd share a 2021 crew video, this one a fourteen minute video from the Mill Creek Hotshots out of the San Bernadino National Forest in California. I like this video because you see aviation support and more importantly you see the crew during some downtime while taking a break from their wildland firefighting duties. 


Direct link to video from Gaffer'sGarage on YouTube

No comments: