Wednesday, September 20, 2023

A KMAX Helicopter Pilot Shares About the KMAX

 I have been fascinated by the KMAX helicopter because it is different from other helicopters. The KMAX is a type 1 helicopter that is know for its heavy lift capabilities. The KMAX does see service fighting wildfires. I last wrote about KMAX where I shared a couple of videos about the KMAX in June 2020. The KAMAN company which manufactures the KMAX has a specification page for the KMAX helicopter.

As I perusing some of my haunts on social media I came across a video shared on a Facebook page devoted to the Chilcoot and Ridge Fires 2023 that are currently burning in the Umpqua National Forest near Roseburg, Oregon, see InciWeb page on the 2023 Chilcoot Wildfire for additional information. As I write this the 2023 Chilcoot Wildfire has burned 1,904 acres and is at 60 percent containment.

In the video, which I am embedding below, you will hear Bruno Levi, a KMAX pilot with ROTAK Helicopter Services discuss the capabilities of the KMAX. The KMAX, flown by one pilot, is considered a flying truck by some, with the capability of lifting 6,000 pounds. The bucket capacity is 600 to 700 gallons.


No comments: