Wednesday, September 27, 2023

A look at what a BLM Hotshot Crew: Life on the BLM Colorado Craig Interagency Hotshot Crew

As someone who cares about what wildland firefighters do, but has no experience as a wildland firefighter, one of the ways I can see what a wildland fire crew does is to watch videos. I found a good video this morning from the National Interagency Fire Center from 2021 called "The Wild Land". From about this video:

During #FireYear2021, the Bureau of Land Management - Colorado Craig Interagency Hotshot Crew was joined on a two-week assignment by a Bureau of Land Management Fire program contract videographer, Matt Irving. Matt was able to capture the crew while assigned to incidents in California and Montana.

I enjoyed seeing the Craig Hotshots  and listening to the crew talk about their work. I hope that you enjoy this video as much as I did.


No comments: