Wednesday, May 01, 2024

Single Engine Airtankers Used by the NJ Forest Fire Service

When I was checking out the New Jersey Forest Fire Services Facebook account yesterday, I noted their April 29th post featuring a two minute video about the single engine air tankers (SEAT) that they have on contract during this spring's wildfire season. Thanks to my friends at the B10 NJ Wildfire Page, I know that there is an 800 gallon SEAT based in central New Jersey and a 600 gallon SEAT based in southern NJ. Thanks to this video I learned more about these SEATS and their pilots. I enjoyed this video and hearing from the two SEAT pilots and I hope that you enjoy it.

The video that I share below is posted by the NJ Department of Environmental Protection, the parent agency of the NJ Forest Fire Service


Direct link to video from the NJ Dept of Environmental Protection on YouTube

No comments: