Monday, August 24, 2026

2026 Wildfire Season: Wildfires in Everglades in South Florida

Direct link to Aug 23rd video from WPLG Local 10 on YouTube The video that I share from WPLG in Miami Florida was on my newsfeed yesterday. As some of you know, I traveled to the Everglades once, about fifteen years ago. My friend and I spent a day traversing the Everglades from west to east and back to the hotel where I was staying. It was a day I will not forget. I am always saddened by wildfires anywhere, but the Everglades have a special place in my heart so I am especially saddened to hear of wildfires in the Everglades. The important thing is that as far as I know there were no injuries or deaths from these wildfires. I am also sharing a report on these wildfires from the Everglades National Park that may be found here. WGCU News has an August 23rd report on these wildfires that may be found here. As I write this Shark Valley remains closed.

No comments: