Friday, April 06, 2012

RED FLAG for April 6 and wildfire activity in NJ



Most of NJ and portions of eastern PA are under a RED FLAG warning today, April 6, from 11 AM through 8 PM. Thanks to my friends at the NJFFS Section B10 webpage, I am hearing reports of two wildfires totaling approximately 160 acres in southern NJ (Section C6 - Winslow Township). I understand from my friends at Downstown Aero (who just called me) that one SEAT -- an Air Tractor 602 is working the fire along with an observation helo and a helo with a bucket.

The ABC affiliate in Philadelphia was showing a live stream a little while ago. That stream has ended, at least for now, but the video that I just embedded above may be raw video taken at that time by the ABC6 helo. ABC 6 has a report on the fire and a link to some photos.

No comments: