Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DC-10 Tanker

A great 3 minute video of one of the DC-10 tankers, including some views from inside the cockpit. The video is from the AOPA, they had an article in the May 2012 AOPA Pilot magazine. Since they offer embed code in the video, I am assuming that those of you who are not AOPA members will be able to see the video. There are two DC-10 tankers. I don't believe that either is on an exclusive-use contract with the USFS. I believe that they should be. December 8, 2014: The link for the video that I originially shared here no longer works, so I removed the inactive link. I just found another link to a video from AOPA Live, that may be the same or similar to the video that I first shared that I am embeddeding above, the direct link to the video on youtube may be found here.

No comments: