Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wildfire in Berks County PA



I've seen references to this fire for the last couple of days on some of the daily reports on the intelligence page of the Eastern Area Coordination Center. For example this mornings "managers briefing" reported: start date: April 9 Name: Hopewell Agency: PAS Number: PA-PAS-17120144 Acres: 400 Location: French Creek SP, Elverson PA % contained: 80 I am not all that far from PA, and want to let all of my friends in PA know that I care about what is happening in their state. So, I was somewhat alarmed when I saw reference to this article in today's post on the Firebomber Publications Blog about the fire, saying that the fire had grown to 619 acres. Pennsylvania is a large state, with many forests. I suspect that their firefighters have been busy with numerous wildfires just like we have in NJ.

No comments: