Saturday, May 09, 2009

Jesusita Fire, Santa Barbara CA

For those of you who are interested in reading reports of the Jesusita Fire that has burned around 8,700 hundred acres as of early this morning (Saturday. May 9, 2009), a couple of firefighting blogs that I follow are reporting on this fire:

1. wildfire today by Bill Gabbert
2. Firefighter blog by Cap't Mike.

This fire is also listed on the inciweb national incident reporting system. I understand that this site may be prone to being down or busy.

The Santa Barbara County has a fire information page that may be found here.

The LA Times has a google map of the fire with informational links.

Finally, I was able to watch live feed shot from a news helicopter of T-911, one of the DC-10 air tankers making a drop on the fire. A Santa Barbara television station, kety, has a report on the drop with a video here. The site where I saw the live feed may be found here. This site has six feeds from southern California media. I believe that live feed was shot by the kcbs helicopter. I think. It may take a while to load, and I had to do some fussing to turn off the audio and video of the feeds that I was not interested in.

The DC-10 tanker was one of 14 (I think) air tankers along with numerous helicopters that were providing aerial firefighting support yesterday.

No comments: