Thursday, April 08, 2010

Berieve Be-200 has landed



I wrote here that the Russian amphibious firefighting aircraft, the Be-200, is coming to Santa Maria CA this week. Well it has arrived on April 7. I came across this video on the arrival of the Be-200. Another video report, this one from KCOY, may be found here and an article on the Be-200's arrival may be found here. The Be-200 will be at Santa Maria for about one week and details are being worked out for a planned demonstration early next week. I believe that the Be-200 is not yet certified for use in the United States.

I understand that there are open hours for visitors this coming Saturday and Sunday from 2PM to 5 PM in front of the Radisson Hotel at the Santa Maria Airport. I am on the opposite coast so am able to come her up close and in person. Perhaps some of you who are near by will be able to go see her.

Updated on April 9, 2010 at #;55 PM EDT. I'd like to thank RamblingChief for his help in pointing me to the embed code.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you meant to write "Santa Maria" and not Santa Monica.

Random Ramblings NJ said...

Duh! Thanks for correcting me. I have made the corrections to the article. The Be-200 landed in Santa Maria.