Monday, April 05, 2010

Light initial attack in central NJ

As you know, all of NJ except for the five northeastern counties are under red flag warnings through 6PM this afternoon and a fire watch through tomorrow afternoon. I have been listening to live scanner feed from Division B (central NJ) of the NJ Forest Fire Service for most of the afternoon. I don't know much details, but I what I have been listening to on the scanner suggests initial attack on at least wildland fire. I just went to wildland fire to see if someone had posted about this, and saw this posting about the red flag warning and light initial attack in Division B.

I just now checked the NJFFS Section B-10 webpage and found an update at 5:20 PM EDT on today's initial attack activity in Division B. Bravo 2 (Ag Cat), made a drop on a fire on Rte. 547 (Howell Twsp, Monmouth County?) in Section B8. Bravo 1 (AT-602) has made two drops on a fire near West. Bay Ave in Section B4. I believe that the fire in Section B4 is near Barnegat Twsp (Ocean County).

No comments: