Sunday, May 09, 2010

Update: NJ wildfire activity on May 8



The wildland fire that I wrote about yesterday in the Country Lakes section of Pemberton Twsp (Burlington County, NJ), was 100% contained at 9 AM this morning according to this post on the wildland fire hotlist forums.

The Courier Post, covering southern NJ has an article about the fire with a photo gallery.

There were a few fires in southern NJ (Division C), an update on those fires may be found at this post on the wildland fire hotlist forums. Finally, a 25-acre fire in Waterford/Atco was contained yesterday afternoon according to the wildland fire hotlist.

We are currently seeing Red Flag Warning conditions again in much of New Jersey. I have not been listening to today's scanner feed, so I don't what has been going on today. I have not yet seen any reports of fire activity today in either the wildland fire hotlist forums or the Section B10 website, which may only mean that updates have not yet been posted. I'll post something later if I hear of any sizable fire activity today.

No comments: