Monday, August 09, 2010

Russian wildfires



By now, I am sure that most of you know about the wild fires that have been burning in Russia for the last several days. I came across this video, thanks to my friend at the NJ Forest Fire Service Section B-10 website, who also sent me a link to the Boston Globe's Big Pictures series of photos of the Russian wildfires, go here to see these photos.

I can not find the words to describe the magnitude of these wildfires in Russia. Perhaps it is because I was away from easy access to the internet with easy access to various media reports as well as reports from folk like Bill Gabbert of Wild Fire Today. Or perhaps it the scale of these fires that leave me without words. I tried, and feeling wholly inadequate, I made some edits to this post. All I can say is unbelievable.

No comments: