Monday, August 16, 2010

Wildland Fire in Boise, Idaho (July 28-29, 2010)

Among the fires that I heard about while I was in Vermont a couple of weeks ago, thanks to a good friend who kept me in the loop, was a fire that burned in Boise on July 28-29, 2010.

Finally tally from my friend:

4,875 acres
3 homes, 1 barn destroyed
0 injuries
BLM, Boise City, Ada County, Star, Eagle, Meridian, Kuna, and Canyou County units used.
Tankers used: 11,17, 20, 45, 848, 892, 893
Two helo's were used:

See this wildland fire hotlist thread for more information. Unfortunately, the links that I had to video from Boise media have expired. I can't hang around to long as a squall line is coming through and I need to get off the internet. If I should find unexpired links to media reports on this fire, I'll post them later.

No comments: