Wednesday, October 20, 2010

CAL FIRE TV Report: Oct. 18. 2010



I did go on my cross-country with Rob today. We had a great time. I had some photos that I intended to post taken from our departure airport. Unfortunately, the photos will have to wait because blogger has disabled image uploads for a couple of hours due to some scheduled maintenance. I'll post the photos when I am able, probably tomorrow. I am going to do a write-up of my cross-country flight that I will post on Friday with more pictures. So, stay tuned.

In the meantime, CAL FIRE does a weekly report on the fire situation in the State on their CAL FIRE TV youtube channel. I found this week's report interesting because they report on wind events that frequently happen this time of year in CA, e.g. Santa Anna winds. Santa Anna winds may lead to wildfires, so I have been trying to monitor the situation in California. To that end, I think that there has been some rain in southern California in the last day or so. But I suppose that things could change quickly. A few days of no rain might dry fuels out, and then the winds could kick in . . .

No comments: