Friday, October 01, 2010

Tropical rainstorm: flooding in eastern PA



The worst of the heavy rain has finally left most of the mid-atlantic region heading for New England as I write this. Earlier this morning there was major flooding in NYC and NJ as reported by myfoxny.

I was checking out myfoxphilly a short time ago. I knew that they had significant rainfall yesterday later in the morning and through the afternoon when much of NJ was seeing little rainfall, I wanted to see how they made out. In my corner of NJ, we had a couple of hours of heavy rain that ended before 8AM yesterday morning, seeing light rain for the rest of day into the evening. After these bands passed through NJ yesterday morning, eastern PA continued to see heavy rainfall from late morning and into the afternoon or early evening. Our bands of rain in NJ came through sometime between 2 and 5 AM this morning, possibly hitting eastern PA first.

I found these two reports, one is raw video of flooding in Chester, PA. The other is a report on a rescue of a Darby PA man that was trapped in his house by flood waters.



No comments: