Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cross-Country: part 1

I'm posting a few photos that I took today before I started on my cross-country scenic ride. The plane for this scenic ride is a Piper PA-128-140 Cherokee. We departed from Lehigh Valley International Airport in Allentown, PA (KABE). I'll post more about my cross-country, an article and some more pictures on Friday. She is a nice plane. The door into the plane is on the passenger side of the plane, requiring that you step up on the wing to enter. Note the clouds, broken clouds at about 4 to 5,000 feet. By the time we flew back, we had scattered clouds (more blue sky and fewer clouds).

Piper Cherokee

Planes

Taxiways at KABE

Taxiway at KABE

I was standing on the wing on the other side (outside the cockpit door) of the Cherokee

Standing on the wing looking towards the rear

No comments: