Wednesday, February 15, 2012

For the Tuskegee Airmen

I saw the movie Red Tails, a movie based on the story of the Tuskegee Airmen the first Black fighter squadron, last week. It was in its third week showing at the movie theaters, so I don't know if it still showing in a theater near you. If not, you might have to wait for the DVD to come out. Anyway, watching the movie gave me some motivation to go out and found some information about this famed WWII fighter squadron. There is a nice US Air Force tribute to the Tuskegee Airmen that I found on archive.org, I can no longer embed the video, but you may go to archive.org to watch the video. According to the information on archive.org, the video is in the public domain and available for download Plan on about 15 minutes to watch the video.

Take a few moments to listen to some of their stories which I found on the Tuskegee Airmen National Museum Webpage, more videos may be found there. Note the movie referred to by Claude C. Davis in the second video may be The Tuskegee Airmen (HBO, 1995):



No comments: