Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wildfire in Aguanga CA: Air Ops

Last night I heard that one of the DC-10 tankers and a MAFFS were working a wildfire in Southern California. This morning I read about the Bucks Fire that is burning in Aguanga CA near Temecula on this wildland fire hotlist initial attack thread on Buck fire. I found a link from KABC 7 in LA to a story that included two videos showing air operations over the fire, the story may be found here . It was my intention to embed both of these videos, unfortunately I have been having difficulties with the embed code that I am not able to resolve. So I have opted to delete the embed code. Please take about five minutes and go look at both of the videos: Temecula-area brush fire continues to burn | Video | abc7.com (includes footage of DC-10, Grumman S-2T and a MAFFS C-130) and DC-10 air tanker makes two drops on Buck Fire | Video | abc7.com.

You might enjoy this KABC 7 photo gallery You might want to check out the wildland fire initial attack hotlist thread for the Bucks Fire.

I've made a few revisions today (the last on Aug 15, 2012, 3 PM EDT) fine tuning the links to the KABC 7 videos. Thanks for your patience!

No comments: