Monday, September 10, 2012

Hemet Ryan AAB - Buck Fire - June 28, 2012



I'll be involved with some projects the next few days, so I'll be sharing some videos with with you. I begin with the this longer video from Nick Mitchell (the Enenomator1) of Air Operations at Hemet Ryan Air Attack Base in Riverside County, CA. The video was shot on June 28, 2012 showing aerial operations at Ryan for the Bucks Fire that burned in Sage CA. A direct link to this video on youtube may be found here where Nick lists the aircraft that flew this fire. I believe that the helicopter that you see in the beginning of the video is a Army National Guard UH-72 Lakota (see the videos info section on the direct link to the video on youtube that I just posted), a command ship in support of MAFFS C-130s that were flying this fire but reloading out of another tanker base. You will also a number of CAL FIRE's S-2T's. Finally, I believe that you will see one of the DC-10 tankers flying at the end of the video. Allow about 15 minutes to watch the video.

No comments: