Monday, September 24, 2012

Wildfires burning in WA: Okanogan-Wenatche National Forest

As I was listening to news reports on the radio over the weekend, I heard at least one report about the wildfires that are currently burning in the Okanogan-Wenatche National Forest in Washington. When I went to the inci web page for the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest (WA) I saw listings for five wildfires/complexes. Rather then try to complicate matters by summarizing the five incidents, some of which are complexes of a few wildfires, I will list each of the five incidents (with acreage as of 11 AM EDT on Sept. 24, 2012) with links to their individual inciweb page:
Here are two reports from local media dated Sept. 23 with updates on the wildfires:
I found a couple of videos that you might be interested in. The video below is a short video showing a couple of Washington National Guard Helos that worked the Wenatchee Complex Fires (direct link to youtube video.

No comments: