Monday, January 21, 2013

DeHavilland Grumman CP-121 Tracker

I finish up what turned out to be a series of four articles on Conair's Firecats and their military history with this short piece about their military use in Canada and some pictures. Grumman first began building the Trackers in 1950 under a contract with the United States Navy. The Canadian version of Grumman's Tracker was built by DeHavilland first entering service in the Canadian Armed Forces in the mid 1950s for use in anti-submarine warfare. Known as the De Havilland Grumman CP-121 Tracker, these aircraft were in service in the Canadian Armed Forces through 1989.


Finally, I found some photographs of the CP-121 Tracker. I have yet to find any historic videos showing the CP-121 Tracker, if and when I do, I'll do a follow-up post. Here are the links to some photographs:
Prior articles in this series

No comments: