Monday, August 12, 2013

update on Silver Fire (southern CA)

I want to follow up on the Silver Fire that I wrote about last Friday (Aug 9). I understand that wildland firefighting crews, both on the ground and in the air, are making progress on the Silver Fire that has burned 20,292 acres near Banning Pass in Riverside County CA. As I write this the fire is at 95 percent containment. A total of 48 buildings have been destroyed including 26 residences. Twelve people have been injured, 11 firefighters and one civilian. The cause of the fire is still under investigation. Full containment may come later today. See the latest update from CAL FIRE for more information

A story that I just found on KABC in LA  on the Slive Fire may be found here.

Revised on October 12, 2015 to remove a dead link.

No comments: