Sunday, September 01, 2013

RIP Tanker 09: I remember


I had only been writing my blog on aerial wildland firefighting for about three months and was reading about Neptune's P2-V tankers in early April of 2009 when I learned about the crash of Neptune's P2-V T-09. Information about the crash was in some material that I had. So, I made my first of many posts about fatal tanker and helo crashes on April 4, 2009 in a post called In Memoriam: Tanker 09. Words escaped me at the time and they still do.

Tanker 09 crashed while working the Smitty Fire on Sept. 1, 2008. Five years ago today. Lost that day, but not forgotten were:

Gene Walhstrom
Greg Gonsioroski
Zachary Vandergriend

I think of you often, especially when I go on one of air experience flights. I pray for your family and friends often. I know that you are flying in favorable tail winds. 


No comments: