Monday, June 23, 2014

Braynt Fire (OR) - Tanker activity

Some of you will recall that from the end of 2009 into the first 2010, I wrote several articles on DC-7 tanker 62 thanks to the help of her Captain, Larry Kraus (Thanks Larry!) and several more articles with photos or videos on DC-7 tankers in action may be found here. You could say that I have a special fondness of the DC-7 tankers so I am always on the look out for any news about the sevens, especially T-62.

Over the weekend I first heard about the Bryant Fire (inch web), started on Thursday, June 19 that has burned 1,361 acres and is at 45 percent containment as I write this. You might also want to read updates on the Bryant Fire from the Oregon Dept. of Forestry (ODF), where the latest ODF update was posted at 8AM PDT on June 23.

Around the same time, I heard from a couple of reliable sources that T-62 had flown the Bryant Fire. I have no specific information to link to regarding tanker 62's activities on the fire. But I do know from reading the ODF June 22 blog entry about tanker and helo activity over the Bryant Fire on Saturday, June 21st:
sixteen loads of retardant were dropped from large air tankers and eight loads were dropped from small Single Engine Airtankers known as SEATs. Helicopters were extremely busy all day long responding to fire fighters requests for drops on the hottest spots.
The inciweb photo page for the Bryant Fire has a couple of photos of Neptune's BAe-146 T-10 dropping on the fire.

Here are a couple of articles on the Bryant Fire from local media outlets:
Other Links

No comments: