Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Two Bulls Fire, Bend Oregon


direct link to video

In the video that I have embedded above, you will see tankers departing the tanker base at Redmond, OR on June 8 to fight the Two Bulls Fire. You will see one or two of Erickson Aero Tanker's MD-87 tankers, a BAe-146, and one of Neptune Aviation's Lockheed P-2Vs. Bill Gabbert of Fire Aviation shared the video on June 9th and has provided additional coverage of the Two Bulls Fire here and here (Wedding relocated due to Two Bulls Fire).

According to the latest information available from inciweb on the Two Bulls Fire, the fire which started on June 7, has burned 6,906 acres and is at 40 percent containment as I write this. Helos and air tankers have worked the fire

Time Lapse Video of Two Bulls Fire from Eyeonbend



Other articles on Two Bulls Fire
photo of MD-87 T-101 on Fire Aviation
Oregon Live (06/10/14) with photo gallery
KGW (06/09/14) Human caused, reward (with video)
KGW on Erickson Aero Tankers working Two Bulls Fire
Oregon Live (06/09/14, time-lapse video that I embedded above)

Note: I've been have intermittent trouble with watching some videos on youtube, it seems to be a problem between my ISP and Google/You Tube. I have been able to watch the videos that I embedded here. If they don't work for you, I'm sorry. Sometimes if I try back later in the day I can watch a You Tube video that I was unable to watch earlier.

No comments: