Monday, November 03, 2014

RIP Michael Tyner Alsbury and speedy recovery for Peter Siebold

By know most of you know about the tragic crash of Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo on Friday, October 31, 2014 while on a test flight over the Mojave Desert in California (USA). SpaceShipTwo was the first of Virgin Galactica's planned Space Tourism Aircraft. The only people on board SpaceShipTwo were the two pilots, Michael Tyner Alsbury (39) died in the crash. Peter Siebold (43) sustained serious injuries.

I want to take a time out and offer my heartfelt condolences and prayers to the family, friends, and colleagues of Michael Tyner Alsbury. I pray especially for Michaels family as you mourn his loss.

Michael and Peter were on a test flight when the accident happened resulting in Michael's death and Peter's injuries. The community of test flight pilots is small and very tight. If any of you in Michael's community of pilots happens to be reading this, please know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Micheal, you have left the bonds of earth. I know that you will be missed. I am sorry that I never knew you, my loss. May you always fly in favorable tail winds.

For Peter Siebold I offer you my continued toughest and prayers as you continue to recover from the injuries you sustained in the test flight. I pray also for your family and friends and those who love you as they are with you as you recover from your injuries.

No comments: