- ELEVATED (orange) - Elevated risk from wind and relative humidity
- CRITICAL (red) - Critical risk from wind and relative humidity
- EXTREME (magenta) - Extremely Critical risk from wind and relative humidity
- ISODRYT (brown) - Elevated risk from dry thunderstorms
- SCTDRYT (red) - Critical risk from dry thunderstorms” (obtained on March 30, 2016 from http://www.spc.noaa.gov/misc/about.html#FireWx)
Monday April 4, 2016: A video of Storm Prediction Center Mesoscale Assistant/Fire Weather Forecaster Ariel Cohen. Mr. Cohen describes the SPC fire weather forecast process for a meteorology class at the University of Oklahoma.
Wednesday April 6, 2016: A little more from the SPC on fire weather outlooks are and are not.