Wednesday, April 05, 2017

SEATs and Gel Tech Solutions help with landfill fire in Bahamas

This morning I found myself on the Fletcher Flying Services Facebook page. Fletcher Flying Services is an Ag Aviation company out of Immokalee Florida. The top post on their page, which I have embedded below shows one or two of their SEATs loaded with FireIce from Gel Tech Solutions working a landfill fire in Jubilee Gardens in the Bahamas. The Bahamian Government had contracted with Gel Tech Solutions and Fletcher Flying Services (who provided two SEATs) in mid-March 2017 to help them put the lid on a smoky landfill fire that had lead to some evacuations of nearby residents. I started out with this video, and wanting to know a little more, I went through my folder where I save e-mails from Mike Archer's Wildfire News of the Day. Lo and behold, I found just what I was looking for in his March 14th Wildfire News of the Day edition.

Apparently, Matt Struzziero, Director of Sales and Strategic Operations for Gel Tech Solutions sent along this same video and a link to a March 14th article from the Nassau Guardian about the landfill fire at the New Providence Landfill in the Bahamas and providing information about the Bahamian Government's contract with Gel Tech Solutions and Fletcher Flying Services that I reference in the preceding paragraph. Gel Tech Solution's FireIce product was dropped on the fire. Note that before you can view Gel Tech's FireIce page, you have to agree to their FireIce Disclaimer which says in part about FireIce: "Attempting to emulate the demonstrations depicted on this website without proper supervision by trained firefighters and medical personnel could lead to serious injury or death."


Direct link to video (uploaded March 13, 2017)


No comments: