Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipse Day is here!

I don't know about you, I am psyched about today's solar eclipse. For those of you who are interested and landed here first, I posted a blog on August 18th with some information and a variety of links. Scroll down a bit and you will see the article.

Hopefully today's weather will be kind and allow me to observe today's eclipse with the safety of my eclipse viewers. I'll let you know in a couple of days how I make out. I hope that you stay safe wherever you are today. If you plan to be driving today at the time of the eclipse, please follow these suggestions from Time Magazine to be safe on the road. Don't wear your eclipse glasses while driving. If you are driving to an observing spot today, allow plenty of extra time and get there early, use your headlights and not your running lights, and pay attention to the road.

Space dot com has a list of live streams covering the eclipse available here. If you are home or otherwise near a Television and want to watch the eclipse on TV, I am pretty certain that ABC and the Weather Channel will have live coverage of the eclipse and I suspect that other media outlets will have live coverage as well.

Two options for watching the eclipse on live stream from you computer or device.

1. NASA has a page with some apps that you may choose from to watch the eclipse on your tablet or smartphone.

2. Livestream from NASA, entry page is here with links to options for Facebook, Periscope, Twitter, UStream, NASA TV, etc.

3. ABC news will have a live stream of the eclipse starting at 1PM EDT, I think that ABC's eclipse live stream may be found here. In addition, ABC news has a page devoted to the eclipse where I found the link to the live stream along with other information.

Added on August 24th: I don't know how long the links that I have referenced will work. So be warned if you are arriving here later and find some dead links or links that no longer reference the eclipse. In the coming days, I will look around for a video of the eclipse to share on this page.

Added on October 25,2017 (sorry this is late)


Direct link to video from Team Greene Real Estate (Rexburg Idaho)


No comments: