Monday, June 03, 2019

Please don't fly your drones near wildfires



I have nothing against unmanned aircraft systems, also known as drones. I really don't. There are many good uses for drones including but not limited to land surveying, storm surveys, and news outlets. I only ask that you do not fly your drones over wildfires, and please do not fly your drones in or near airspace over airports. A drone incursion into airspace over a wildfire means that air tankers, helicopters, lead planes, etc. can not fly. Drone incursions have shut down air operations over wildfires. This means that wildland firefighters on the ground are not getting needed air support. I posted the image from the US Forest Service and the video from the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) on April 13, 2016, I am reposting them here, please refer that post for additional resources.







No comments: