Friday, June 21, 2019

Wildland firefighter safety: L.C.E.S.

I have been writing about wildland firefighter safety recently, for those who are interested see my June 14th article on the 10 Standard Fire Orders and my June 17th article on the 18 Situations that Shout Watch Out. Both articles include short videos that you can watch.

I continue with wildland firefighter safety with L.C.E.S.
Lookouts
Communications
Escape Routes
Safety Zones

According to the video you will see below, L.C.E.S. does not replace the 10 Standard Fire Orders and the 18 Situations that Shout Watchout (aka the 10 and 18). Rather L.C.E.S helps to reinforce and focus on important aspects of wildland firefighter safety.


Direct link to video from the National Wildfire Coordinating Group

I will be writing more about wildland firefighter safety in the coming days. I am still developing the rest of the articles in this series, please stay tuned. Also, the timing of the remaining articles in this series will depend on what else is going on as we move into the summer wildfire season.