Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Short term plans for this blog in light of T-134 crash

Some of you may have figured out that in late December into January I was in the midst of writing reflection pieces on some of the tankers and helicopters that I first wrote about over ten years ago. I had also just began to post about some tankers that I had not devoted a lot of time to in this blog.

Then Coulson tanker 134 crashed in the Snowy Monaro region of New South Wales Australia on January 23rd

Out of respect for the loss of Ian, Paul and Rick when T-134 went down and also out of respect for the larger wildland firefighting community, I have suspended writing about tankers and helicopters for the foreseeable future. I am not quite sure when I will resume this series. The first of the remains of the crew were given a hero's farewell at Sydney yesterday prior to being flown back to Houston Texas (see this February 5th article from Reuters). As I write this on February 5th, I will continue to wait a respectable amount of time before resuming this series.


No comments: