Wednesday, September 08, 2021

NJ Task Force 1 update (Sept 8)

When I posted on September 1 about the deployment of NJ Task Force 1 to the gulf coast region, I did not know that the NJ-TF1was demobilized  on August 31st to return to NJ to help with the remnants of Ida. I had read in a couple of news articles online that the NJ-TF1 was back in NJ helping with search and rescue and other storm recovery. I finally checked out the NJ Office of Emergency Management Facebook page and found the post about their demobilization. 

To the women and men of the NJ-TF1, I am honored by your national service in time of need. As a New Jersey resident, I am very grateful that you are here in New Jersey helping with search and rescue and other storm response after the devastation caused by the remnants of Hurricane Ida on September 1st leaving many areas in central New Jersey with catastrophic flooding. I thank-you for your service as we in New Jersey are working to clean-up and recover from Ida. 


The video that I have embedded below is from NJ Advance Media showing flooding in one town, Somerville and Raritan New Jersey. Scenes like this were all to common last week.

Direct link to YouTube video from NJ Advance Media

No comments: