Friday, August 26, 2022

2021 wildfire season: year in review from the NWCG with a focus on fire safety

One of the YouTube Channels that I follow is the channel of the National Wildfire Coordinating Group. The NWCG website has a wealth of information. I am drawn to their publications listing as well as training information where I may learn about some of the initial and recurrent training that wildland firefighters go through, both are listed at the top of the page Under toolbox menu at the top of the page there is also information for the media, no I am not media, an FAQ and information for those thinking of becoming a wildland firefighter. The NWCG does many other things that I am not listing here and I go to their website and YouTube channel periodically.  I did so today and while I was there, I noticed the 2021 WFSTAR Year in Review video. I am always interested in videos such as this as it takes me up close and personal from my study in New Jersey. In addition, this is another opportunity to continue learning. Thanks to all the wildland firefighters on the ground and in the air, and support crews for fighting these wildfires and keeping us safe. Perhaps the most important thing in this video is a focus on wildland firefighter safety on the fireline. The video is about twelve minutes long and I believe it was posted on YouTube around May 2022. Enjoy.


Direct link to video from the NWCG on YouTube

No comments: