Monday, August 22, 2022

Memories of air tankers in 2009 (part 2 of 2)


Direct link to video by Bob Webb on YouTube

Among the air tankers that I watched on either news streaming or YouTube in the early days of my blog in 2009 into 2010 was the Lockheed P2-V air tankers that were then under contract with Neptune Aviation. By 2017 Neptune had retired the last of their P2-V air tankers from active service, most are now in museum's around the United States. Neptune Aviation has always had a nice website chock full of information, the have a webpage about their history and a list of museums that have one or two of Neptune's historic P2-V I hope to see one of these historic air tankers in person one day. 

Neptune is now flying BAe-146 air tankers on contract with the US Forest Fire Service, other state agencies and internationally, go here for more information. I will write more about Neptune's BAe-146 air tankers sometime this week.

I close with a tribute to the P2-Vs upon the retirement of the last of Neptunes active P2-V's in 2017. This video is by Scorched Sky Productions, I shared this video and the video from Bob Webb in previous posts on my blog.

Direct link to video by Scorched Sky Productions on YouTube

No comments: