Monday, January 22, 2024

A Shout Out to firefighters working fires in frigid temperatures

New Jersey and other areas in the eastern United States has seen some frigid temperatures over the last few days. This morning I found myself thinking about the firefighters, structure and wildland along with other first responders who are out doing their jobs to keep us safe. I am not sure if it is too frigid for brush fires here in New Jersey, especially with snow on the ground that might well hinder a brush fire from starting. But I do know that houses and businesses can catch fire in any weather and when the temperatures are below freezing, these conditions have to be challenging for the firefighters as well as there equipment. I am here this morning to give a shout out to all firefighters and other first responders who have been working in frigid temperatures the last few days. Thank-you from the bottom of my heart for all you do, your efforts on our behalf are noticed. 

The video that I am embedding below is from WGN News out of Chicago Illinois reporting on a couple of fires on or about January 14, 2024. You will see them fighting fires in single digit temperatures with below zero wind chills. Note the ice on the burning houses.


Direct link to video from WGN News on YouTube



No comments: