Friday, January 19, 2024

Friday Fun: A look at NASA astronaut training in a T-38

 I am currently reading a book by former NASA Astronaut Mike Massimino called "Spaceman: An Astronaut's Unlikely Journey to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe". I don't normally write about the books that I am reading and I am not doing so here. However, I got the idea for today's Friday Fun post because I got curious about the T-38 trainer that NASA used for their astronaut training. I mention the past tense because I do not know if NASA still uses the T-38 in their astronaut training program. I thought that it might be fun to share a video about NASA's T-38 trainers so I found a video that I will embed here for your enjoyment. You will learn about the T-38 and why it is important for astronaut training


Direct link to video on YouTube from NBC News

No comments: