Monday, April 01, 2024

2024 Wildfire Season: Airtanker Contractors Continued Training for Upcoming Wildfire Season

 I shared last Friday that Neptune Aviation's pilots were engaged in training before going on contract for the upcoming wildfire season. Unfortunately, I know no specific timetables and the like of when tanker and helicopter contractors are doing their training, spring maintenance and the like in what air tanker and  preparation for the wildfire season. However, thanks to following social media, in this case Facebook, I have an idea of what some of the contractors are doing. I do appreciate when companies are able to share on Facebook, but understand that the important thing is taking care of their aircraft and their pilots and posting to social media or elsewhere is not always possible. Nor do I have access to a listing of when airtankers are going on contract with the US Forest Service, when I do have this information, I will make a post to this blog.

Today I share two Facebook posts about air tanker contractors that were engaged in training for the upcoming wildfire season a week or two ago.

I am not able to embed a video clip from 10 Tanker highlighting training they were doing to prepare for the wildfire season, but I invite you to go to 10 Tanker's post on Facebook to look for yourself.share first this short video clip from 10 Tanker Air Carrier.

Finally, I share this post from AeroFlite Aerial Firefighting with photos about training for the upcoming wildfire season. AeroFlite has arrangements to use a property near their base in Chico for training runs simulating a wildfire.


No comments: