Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Visit to Downstown

I am a little overdue in sharing some of my reflections after writing my recent series on Downstown Aero Crop Services. Some of you may recall that I wrote an article on June 4 where I included some aerial photos of a flight over one of the cranberry bogs where Downstown does aerial applications, I have since made some revisions to that article.

In saying that I have learned a lot in writing about Downstown, I am quite aware that there is so much more that I don't know about what I will call ag aviation operations. Whatever I know only touches the surface.

I can say that my respect for Downstown and the other ag aviation operators has increased. I have a lot of respect for all involved in ag aviation, pilots, ground crews, managers, etc.

If you want to know some more about the wide array of services that Downstown offers, check out this page on the Downstown website.

I think that I'll leave it at that. What I know about Ag aviation only touches the surface. When I was corresponding with Larry Kraus, captain of Butler's T-62, he frequently said the following about the business of dropping retardant from tankers: see I told you that flying tankers is complicated. I've been thinking about my conversations with Larry as I have been just starting to learn about ag aviation. What he told me applies to what ag aviation operators such as Downstown do, it is complicated.

I hope to able to write more about Downstown Aero Crop Services over the coming months. An opportunity to learn a little more about ag aviation operations.

No comments: