Monday, June 04, 2012

T-11 crash

It is with great sadness that I must write about the crash of Neptune T-11 (a P-2V) while fighting the White Rock Fire. T-11 went down in a remote area near Hamblin Valley Utah, There were no survivors. The Iron Mountain Sheriff's Office has identified the victims: pilot Todd Neal Tompkins and co-pilot Ron Edwin Chambless.

I'd like to express my condolences to the family, friends, co-workers and all who loved Todd And Ron. May you fly in favorable tail winds.

A report on the crash may be found here.


Added on Monday, June 4 at 11:49 EDT. I just spoke with my friends at Downstown who offer their prayers to the family, friends, co-workers and all who loved Todd and Ron.

On October 21, 2016 I removed a dead link to a June 4th 2012 video report from CNN.

No comments: