Saturday, June 16, 2012

Canada, thanks for the loan of your tankers

As I have been reading about various wildfires this week, I have noted that the tankers that our friends in Canada have loaned us have been busy. For example, as I was reading some articles that Michael Archer referenced in today's post in today's article in firebombers publications, I read this article about a wildfire burning southwest of Boise, Idaho. Two air tankers from Canada, at least one is CV-580 from Saskatchewan, are working this fire. As I understand, there are three other Canadian tankers helping us out here in the lower 48. I'm not quite sure where they are today. Doesn't matter. The point is that they are helping us out. Or perhaps taking a necessary day off. So, for my friends in Canada, thank-you again. You are good neighbors. The best.

No comments: